2009-03-29

Boys Bonding Day or How I Abondoned My Family

Grant and Rio had to fend for themselves on Saturday as I had been asked to help out at the renovation of the Assembly Hall in Coraopolis. What that meant for me is I had to be on the road by 6:15 a.m. and I didn't get home until about 6 p.m. What that meant for Grant and Rio is they had to hang with each other.

Grant said all went well as I knew it would. One funny thing happened when I came home. Grant saw me pull up in my car so he sent Rio out to the back yard so I would "magically" appear when Rio came back into the house. I came in and Grant headed out the front to check on the mailbox which is located just below our front porch.

I let Rio in and was a bit disappointed he wasn't too excited to see me. He just got inside when he heard a noise at the front door. He ran to the front door and saw Grant coming back into the house. Then the penny dropped. He figured out it was me who let him back in the house. So he spun around and raced back to me, jumping on me and giving my face a thorough wash. I was also inspected from head to toe. I'm sure I smelled interesting with all of the sawdust I had on me.

Silly puppy.

Just a side note, for some odd reason I can't comment on my own blog. I am reading all of your comments, so keep them coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment