2009-01-04

Hot Dog, New Jammies

Rio's New Pyjamas

It turns out that Rio is a hot dog.

Literally.

Rio has decided he doesn't want to climb our stairs anymore. He has chosen to sleep by himself downstairs. The temperature difference between the first and second floor can be a good 10-15 degrees warmer upstairs. I purchased some pajamas for Rio made of a lovely blue fleece to keep him warm at night. They look so cute on him.

The problem is when he goes to bed at night just after dinner time he is roasty toasty without his PJs. Sometimes he's so warm he starts to pant. We don't bother putting his PJs on but cover him with a blanket.

Sometimes in the middle of the night I'll hear his ID tags jingling so I know he's up and changing position. Which means his blanket is now under him. I've come downstairs to find a cold dog in the morning.

He probably prefers being cold rather than performing the contortions required to get his four legs into his jammies. He's really tolerant of us putting things on him but you can tell he's tolerating not loving it.

Another unexpected issue with the fleece jammies is the static electricity discharged when I take them off his fur. Poor guy just flinches when I shock him.

So the jammies are added to the list of things we have purchased for Rio but don't really use. The list includes boots (I know, I know), a dog poop pail and scooper for the back yard (he goes on his walks not in the yard), balls and toys (he's not much of a player) and other things I can't think of at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I love the tail "hatch". He is very tolerant of us... Then again, he does live the good life, for a dog.

    ReplyDelete