2009-01-29

I can't believe we walked the whole thing.

Rio and I went out for a walk the other day. It has been cold, so our early morning walks have been short and sweet. However, when it got warmer we decided to do a bigger walk and take advantage of the "better" weather. Better being a relative term. Instead of 15 degrees it was about 25 degrees. Still below freezing but at least Rio's paws weren't frozen icicles.

Rio decided to go along North Taylor to Buena Vista Street, which is a very long, steep climb. Why he wanted to get to the top, I don't know. But he wanted to go so we went. Mid way I was breathing quite heavily. This is where we were:

Going Down Buena Vista St.

This is where we were going and then some:
Going Up Buena Vista

Normally on walks Rio stops and sniffs which gives me an opportunity to catch my breath. Not going up Buena Vista. It was a march to the top. The relatively gentle downhill return was full of pauses. Figures.

It took us about an hour to do the circuit. I figure if we do this once a month I'll be in great shape by the end of the year.

Here is the view part way down Perrysville Ave.
View from Perrysville Ave

You can see our house in this picture:
Our House is down there

According to Google maps we walked 1.6 miles. Rio was so tired when we got home he didn't even get up when I left to get some groceries. Poor pooch.

1 comment: