2009-01-13

The Strawberry Patch


Rio in the strawberry patch
Originally uploaded by LydiaL
Two autumns ago a neighbor offered me some strawberry plants. I thought it would be cool to grow my own strawberries so I found a small spot in my garden to plant them. We only got one or two smallish strawberries. "Better luck next year" I thought.

I think the problem was I planted them in the shade. However most of my garden is a shade garden, so there weren't too many options.

Then we adopted Rio. During the dog days of summer Rio was looking for a cool spot to lay down. Obviously the coolest spot in the garden was the strawberry patch. And just as obviously that spot was dug up to make a form fitting spot for Rio to lay down in.

They were nice plants while they lasted.

3 comments:

  1. you have a dead dog in the yard again there is a by law against this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. We think we'll have him stuffed in this position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazy dog! He only half-dug his own grave.

    ReplyDelete