2009-01-07

Rio Takes in Some Sun at the Point


Rio
Originally uploaded by LydiaL
Rio enjoyed the sun at the confluence of Pittsburgh's three rivers. Heinz Field in the distance is where the Pittsburgh Steelers play.

We had a long walk, almost 2 and 1/2 hours. Grant and I were tired. Rio looked like he could keep on going. At the end all I wanted to do was take a nap.

We stopped for a break in Market Square where we enjoyed a winter picnic of Primanti's sandwiches and hot chocolate. For entertainment we watched the police arrest some guy who was playing music too loudly.

For those who have never had a Primanti's sandwich, it is a local specialty. The bread is Italian white bread. In between you get meat of some sort (kielbasi for me, sweet sausage for Grant), coleslaw, tomato, french fries, with provalone cheese glueing it all together. It is served on wax paper. A true blue collar sandwich. Rio enjoyed some of the french fries but much preferred the meat and cheese.

We met a friend, Diana, while downtown. She was getting a tea before work while we were getting our hot chocolate. Rio always enjoys a new leg to lean on when we are out.

3 comments:

  1. I like that picture, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a cool shot and such a sweet dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I love this picture. Had a blast taking it as I was sitting next to him at the time and he was moving around. I ended up on my back at one point!

    ReplyDelete