2009-01-02

Rio & Me

Let me introduce you to the main characters in this blog.

Lydia
That would be me. I am a housewife/homemaker living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I have lived here since 1999 with my husband, Grant. The only pets I had as a child were a rabbit named Nibbles and fish. I've always wanted a dog but childhood allergies prevented me from getting one. Plus my parents weren't keen on animals in the house.

Grant
Grant is a computer programmer who is originally from the Toronto, Canada area. Grant's grandparents had a dog when he was a boy, but I don't think he had any pets either.

Rio
This would be our adopted pet, a retired racing greyhound. Rio raced in Daytona as far as we can tell. His registered racing name is Smokin Motor. You can read more about his races and pedigree here. Rio lived with another family after retiring but was returned to the adoption group. We adopted him in August 2008. This blog is about living with Rio.

We are looking forward to sharing our experiences with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment